Selective electrochemical reduction of CO2 to CO with a cobalt chlorin complex adsorbed on multi-walled carbon nanotubes in water

Shoko Aoi, Kentaro Mase, Kei Ohkubo, Shunichi Fukuzumi

Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review

96 Scopus citations

Abstract

Electrocatalytic reduction of CO2 occurred efficiently using a glassy carbon electrode modified with a cobalt(ii) chlorin complex adsorbed on multi-walled carbon nanotubes at an applied potential of -1.1 V vs. NHE to yield CO with a Faradaic efficiency of 89% with hydrogen production accounting for the remaining 11% at pH 4.6.

Original languageEnglish
Pages (from-to)10226-10228
Number of pages3
JournalChemical Communications
Volume51
Issue number50
DOIs
StatePublished - 28 May 2015

Bibliographical note

Publisher Copyright:
© The Royal Society of Chemistry.

Fingerprint

Dive into the research topics of 'Selective electrochemical reduction of CO2 to CO with a cobalt chlorin complex adsorbed on multi-walled carbon nanotubes in water'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this